Friday, July 31, 2009

Dead Wood Stock

Isn't it just wow! A dear student of mine gifted me this dead wood she had picked up some 5 years back from a village. It was lying ideal as a show piece & had started to rot. I convinced her to share the same with me and this is how it looks post drying, cleaning.

Height: The height of the trees is approx 3.5 -4 Ft.

The Beautify Front Side.
I can only imagine the tree's beauty when was alive. I don't think i can give this kind of shape to any tree on my own, which nature has perfected.


The Groovy Back Side.
A channel has been dug out in back side to attach a tree. I plan to work on Ficus or Juniper depending on the stock i get. I still need to carve out more, such that the plant can be set in easily. Further carving will be done once i get the plant.



Update as on 13th Sep, 2009
I have shifted this dead wood to a large Tray along, and have planted Kachnar tree alongside to make a beautifu Kachnar Bonsai. To project the base, i firsted applied favicol & than covered it with a plastic sheet. The Kashnar I had was slender but 5 Feet tall plant. I have set the plant in the grooves with the help of wire.

I plan to unwire the tree and rewire again such that the treee is set in proper position. By month time, it should take the rough shape as per the movement of the tree. As of now because the branches & leaves have been chopped, what one gets to see is just a Dead wook in a pot and hence the pic is not available.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Visitor, please feel free to comment on my Bonsai under training. IF you wish to contact me call me on 9924332267 or send me email at ramesh.jsinha@gmail.com