Friday, July 31, 2009

Jade Formal upright

Specification:
Age - Approx 7-9 Years
Trunk Width - 8 Inches+
Height - 1.2 Ft
Span - 1. 5 Ft
Style - Formal Upright
Ownership Since - April 09
Last Wiring - April 09

This plant was kept on a lentil & forgotten by the owner. It took a lot to convince him to share the same with me. As you can see top 3 Inches of Pot has been removed to show the Beautiful trunk, which obviously the original owner had no idea of.

The original Pot size was roughly 1.2 Ft. In phase 1 the Bottom 3 Inches of the pot was chopped along with top 3 Inches of the Pot. The remaining pot - roughly 8 inches in height was put in a shallow tray as seen in the picture.

The plant has sustained the operation & has started to bloom again. This monsoon, it has not enjoyed a single shower, for I fear trunk rot. I lost a similar Jade when the same was re potted because of moisture.

In preparation of phase 2, I have further separated the bottom 3/4 Inches of the pot (seen as a circular mark above the tray) such that the final height of the pot will be roughly 5 inches. I am yet to slice the Mud to remove the bottom 3/4 inches of the mud.

Post Wiring as on August 09 this is how the plant looks. To view the picture click on the image below.

I am looking for a good oval tray to re pot the same. Suggestions are invited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Visitor, please feel free to comment on my Bonsai under training. IF you wish to contact me call me on 9924332267 or send me email at ramesh.jsinha@gmail.com