Friday, July 31, 2009

Jade Semi Cascade

Jade Bonsai - Semi Cascade Style

Pics as on January, 2009 post re-potting
Front View

Top View:


for earlier picture to view the progression, click here
Pic as on October 2009:
The branches on the left side, which are falling below the rim has been straightened. The crown has been pruned & now 5 alternate branches are more clearly visible. (Will be visible in next pic I upload in March 2010). 2 branches have been developed in back side to balance the tree.

I bought this Jade plant a year back in Aug 08 from Ahmedabad Nursery. This used to be a tree that was horizantally spread as seen in original image at the bottom of this page. Initially I had planned to be develop it into a informal upright style, for which for few months i had even wired & made it upright. My bonsai teacher wanted it to be developed into a slanting style, but on my insistence he shaped it into an semi cascade. That was six month back. With couple of rounds of pruning & rewiring, this is how it looks as of now August 09.



Top View: Click on the picture to view large image in new window

View from Bottom: Click on the picture to view large image in new window


I think in next one year, it will be a ready bonsai. The last branch on the cascading branch will be lifted up gradually so as to arrest the fall. The crown is being developed from a branch which is lifted from one behind the trunk.

A stone is kept under the cascading branch to support the weight. It need to be rewired now, will do it post monsoon. To anchor the tree, I have wired it to the base of the mud pot. Initially it was planted in a full size 1.5 feet tall mud pot.

I am open to suggestion as to which shape of ceramic pot I should shift this bonsai into.
Ramesh Sinha, Ahmedabad Bonsai Club, 9924332267 ramesh.jsinha@gmail.com

Original Jade Plant as on August 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Visitor, please feel free to comment on my Bonsai under training. IF you wish to contact me call me on 9924332267 or send me email at ramesh.jsinha@gmail.com