Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Mame Bonsai Collection


Ascent Plants / Mame Bonsai Collection
Mame Bonsai are bonsai which are less than 6 Inches in Height.
Ascent Plants are plants that compliment bonsai plants which are again potted in small tray & it's height is equal or less than Mame bonsai.

Banyan Tree:

I wish to develop a crown on the end of the trunk, hope it clicks. Currently 3 leaf nodes are visible, I am praying that all of them develops.
Alternatively, i can allow all 3 leaf buds to grow into vertical branches & add few more in future to give is a forest look similar to what Harry Harrington has done.

Bottle Green Grass in Blue Tub:

Bottle Green grass in a blue rectangular tub. Contract looks great. A perfect desk top plant to distress.

The Ghost Town


Seen in the background is my dead Juniper. Ididn't wanted to throw it away & hence created this landscape. I will be shifting this landscape on a tray, such that it last's forever. So friends, don't throw your old trees, they can come in handy.

Lolino Mame Bonsai

This Lolino has big bulb & long leaves. The caudex is approx 3 inches (perimeter) & the pot is just 2/3 Inches in height. I water it once in a week by tubbing and no other care is required. Has been in this pot for more than 3 months now.

Jade Twin Trunk Mame

This was initially potted in a big tray than I shifted it in this small pot to enhance its beauty. Will take another 1 year or so for two crowns to be developed. Has been there in this pot for more than 6 months now. I Water it daily & do tubbing once in a week.

Grass 1 - Complimentary Bush

It is generally used to create a boundary in Garden. Is available at any nursery for Rs.10 or less. If you break a twig & plant it, it will grow too. It loves Full Sun Light & needs excessive watering. I do tubbing every day & kept covered with moss for water retention.


Grass 2 - Complimentary Bush

It is generally used to create a boundary in Garden. Is available at any nursery for Rs.10 or less. If you break a twig & plant it, it will grow too. It loves Full Sun Light & needs excessive watering. I do tubbing every day & kept covered with moss for water retention.

The Money Plant:



Succulent Variety

Jade

Jade


Rohilia

Must See Ascent Plants
Must see ascent plants by Harry Harrington - http://www.bonsai4me.com/galleryaccentplants.htm

Must see ascent plants by Morten Albec http://artofbonsai.org/galleries/accentalbek.php


Must See Mame Collection (less than 6 Inches in height)
Must see mame collection by Harry Harrington - http://www.bonsai4me.com/gallery%20mame.htm

Must See Shohin Bonsai Collection (Less than 12 Inches in height)
Shohin Bonsai Collection http://www.shohin-europe.com/Europeangalleryind.html

1 comment:

  1. I am pleased to notice your dedication to the bonsai raising.

    nripane@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Dear Visitor, please feel free to comment on my Bonsai under training. IF you wish to contact me call me on 9924332267 or send me email at ramesh.jsinha@gmail.com