Friday, March 6, 2009

Ficus


Name: Ficus
Age: 4/5 Years
Under Training - Since 2007, 3 years
Style: Formal Upright
Height; 1.5 Ft.
(click on the image to see the larger picture & to enjoy the jinned area)

The plant has a beautiful wavy trunk, which you can enjoy by clicking the image. This is naturally achieved, without any wiring.






Plant History:
As on 15th September, 2009
The plant is doing good in rectangular tray. It is not picturesque but I am sure it will make a good bonsai. It is being developed in slanting style. Growth is slow, so need 2 years to get the basic shape right after which i can work on ramification.

As of 1st May, 2009.
I have sold my place & have to shift. There is no way I can carry this big pot from 10th floor to new caretaker. So I have shifted it in a tray. The plant reacted poorly initially & I thought it had died. I kept watering it, and now I see 2 new leaf buds. I am sure it will survide, if summers are kind on this ficus. I have kept this in a shaded place.

As of 6th March, 2009
- Master Suggested, I reduce the height by cutting the taper because it was as thick as the trunk itself & grow the next branch as taper. Instead of cutting the earlier taper, i Jinned it & looks beautiful to me. Now I am growing the branches & making pads there.

As of December, 2008
- Plant was growing in a big cement pot for last 3 years on my terrace.
- Had wired in 2008 & build a beautiful crown with few branches. Unfortunately pics are not there.
- Had done no treatment till December 2008 but had allowed it to grow, it had reached a height of 5 feet.


Ramesh Sinha, Ahmedabad Bonsai Club.Blogspot.com
Ahmedabad Bonsai, Gujarat Bonsai, India Bonsai. 9924332267

1 comment:

  1. sir, rameshbhai,,,

    in this photograph,, still,, trunk is not taper,, so,, do something for it,,, specially for the growth of plant,,,

    this plant is grown in the corner of the pot... so,, this plant will grow more in one side... because it will not get the depth in other three sides...

    so,, formal upright for this plant is not suitable,,else i suggest you to replant it in slightly off centre in the same pot...

    otherwise this plant will not react as formal upright....

    well,, this is my suggetions,, obey or not is depends upon you,, after all you are master....

    no joke sir,, i am sure you are master of teaching bonsai.. so go on..

    go on

    ReplyDelete

Dear Visitor, please feel free to comment on my Bonsai under training. IF you wish to contact me call me on 9924332267 or send me email at ramesh.jsinha@gmail.com